Saturday, October 27, 2007

Harry Potter Mania

I just found an awesome book at the library, Charmed Knits. It has a bunch of Harry Potter-inspired knitting projects, from descriptions in the books and from the movie costumes. I've already decided to use up some gold yarn I happen to have a mess of, and bought some scarlet yarn to brew up some Gryffindor apparel. I'm currently stitching up a scarf for T-Man, which I'm super excited about. I also want to make him a cape to grow into, and I'm thinking I'll try to make it like Dumbledore's midnight-blue cloak with silver-spangled stars. I've got the blue yarn, I just need to figure out how to knit or crochet little stars to sew on. I'd also like to make a wizard's hat, actually more like Gandalf's than anything I've seen in the HP books, but I don't have a good pattern for that yet. I may end up sewing one instead of knitting or crocheting.

I also think it would be cool to make T-Man a Weasley sweater. I've never attempted to knit a sweater before, though I made T a knitted winter blanket bag for when he was a tiny guy. I'm a little intimidated, but I might give it a go, just for kicks. Plus, who can't resist a little curly-headed kid wearing a handmade sweater? I think I'll make it a little big, though - no telling when I'll finish all these projects!

No comments: