Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My Favorites

Everyone who loves books has a list in their head of their "favorite" books. Sometimes they're books that they come back to again and again, and some are books that struck a chord at a certain stage of their life. Here's my list of favorites:

JRR Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings trilogy
JK Rowling, The Harry Potter series
CS Lewis, The Chronicles of Narnia series
Louisa May Alcott, Little Women
LM Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables series and Emily of New Moon series
Jane Austen, Pride & Prejudice, Sense & Sensibility, Emma
Susan Cooper, The Dark is Rising series

Anne Frank, The Diary of a Young Girl
Ernest Hemingway, For Whom the Bell Tolls
Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
Charles Dickens, David Copperfield

I can remember my first reading of each of these books or series very vividly. It's amazing how just thinking about a certain book can spark a flood of memories about what was going on in my life when I was reading it.

No comments: