Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Storytime

T and I went to storytime at the library today. This fall, he has only made it through the entirety of storytime once. He always wants to leave about 5 minutes after we get there. Of course, I usually get to the library pretty late, and he doesn't get time to wander and check things out. So today, we got to the library at 9:40 and wandered around. He was so good during storytime. The librarian always displays books on a table, and he went right up and pointed at A You're Adorable, which he knows from Grandma's house. The librarian read it especially for him, and then she did another one I'd never seen before, based on a song from Guys & Dolls - I Love You A Bushel and a Peck. It was adorable. And then T sang along and did the motions to "Ram Sam Sam!" First time I've heard him do that.

Of course, this just fits right in with what I've been noticing for a long time about T-Man. He responds to music like nothing else. He's always loved Here Come the ABCs by They Might Be Giants, and Dog Train by Sandra Boynton. We're pretty excited about giving him Here Come the 123s, Philadelphia Chickens, and Rhinoceros Tap in the coming months.

But I've found a bunch of board books based on songs at the library, too. They're some of our favorites to read before bed: "The Wheels on the Bus" and "Down By the Bay" from Raffi are both big hits; he also loves "Hush Little Baby" by Marla Frazee.

He loves books and being read to, A LOT, but the music just wins him over. I think he gets it from me. =P

No comments: